Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 11: A Few Parting Shots, A Few Parting Thoughts

Today was a beautiful summer day here in Prishtina.  Seems hard to believe it is autumn already.  Around here, it still looks and feels like summer.

I had the privilege to worship with Word Church for their very first Sunday in their new building.
Like most new things, there is a growing period, but I see a lot of potential for them in their new location.  For instance, there are LOTS of grade school and middle school-aged kids within a few block radius of the church, and with the right  resources, the church can have a positive impact on their lives.  Just being in the building one hour, a few kids walked in, asking if there were English classes going on (I must have been talking too loudly!).  With growth comes growing pangs, I suppose.  Please keep this congregation in your prayers.  I presented Banush with a plaque for Word Church and their new location.


John 1:1-2

After church, another family stopped by to pick up their food parcel, since they weren´t available on Friday. In all, twenty-five food parcels were distributed during our time in Vushtrri.
Isak distributing a food parcel to a needy family.
We got back to Prishtina later in the afternoon.  I decided to take a short walk through the city park again, since the weather was so nice.  It is a great place to sit and people-watch and enjoy the warm weather.  Who needs a gym membership while living in Prishtina? Walking all these hills is a great workout.  This is also the part of the trip I like--all my clothes are a bit looser now...

Day 12 will be spent flying home.  I will leave Prishtina at 11:00 p.m. Rochester time on Sunday night and arrive in Minneapolis at 5:00 p.m. on Monday evening.  Once again, this is a bittersweet time.  I have grown to love and appreciate the people I´ve met on this trip and appreciate the ministry of Word Church as they struggle to minister with limited resources.  They have taken a leap of faith in several areas, but they also know God will provide.  "Even in the darkness a little light helps."  I hope I´ve been able to spark a little light in the lives of those I´ve come into contact, and hope I have made some impact.  I am anxious to get home to my family, but also look forward to the time when I can return.  This is an amazing country with amazing people.  Please continue to pray for and encourage the Word Church, especially Banush, Fitnete and their children as they continue to minister in Vushtrri.
Altina, Banush, Fitnete, Estera & Aron Elezi

I am not sure why all trip reports end with a sunset photo; it just seems like the natural thing to do.  I took this photo tonight at Memorial Park on my way to dinner.  With this, I want to close and say, "Mirupafshim, Kosova, dhe Zoti ju bekoftë të gjithëve!" (Good-bye, Kosova, and God bless you all)!


Until next time,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment